TOMORROWLAND? WOULD RUN AROUND NAKED |EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW| DJ PRANEZ TAMU

Pranesh Gurung, one of the most talented and versatile Djs from the country on an interview with Black Art:

 

When did you start djing?

I started professionally from 2010

What expectations did you have when you started doing this stuff?

I used to watch the live sets of DJs on YouTube and had been to few parties here and at the time there were limited but quality DJs and I wanted to become one of them.

Are you happy with what you're doing now?

Well to be frank I am pretty disappointed with the current market where there are no genuine DJs now. There is mushrooming of DJs at the moment. Quality is degrading and only quantity is in rise. When I started the industry had some quality DJs like DJ Anish who happens to be my teacher, DJ Prajwol, DJ Niral, DJ Raju, DJ Salim, DJ Rupesh are to name some. But now anyone who uses Virtual DJ claims to be a DJ and are ruining the market. Until and unless they acquire a course on DJing or has a basic concept its better they don’t call themselves a DJ.

Do you think that a Nepali DJ can earn his/her living through this field?

Well to earn a living as a DJ is an exceptional task. You have to be one of a kind but still only by DJing one cannot sustain a living. You have to do some other side job or keep DJing as a side job. First thing is because of some unprofessional DJs who does an event for a bottle of liquor has really ruined the market. Playing as a favor to a friend or family is something different but every time doing the same thing has ruined the market as the event organizers compare those DJs with professional DJs and are not willing to pay the charges as per the DJs requirement. This is the reason why many of the talented DJs of Nepal are either migrating to foreign countries or are crushing their dream of DJing and getting into some other field.

Well. You have your own event organizing company. Do you want to share any unforgettable events and your future plans?

It’s a fact that there are 673 registered event management companies and among them 20-30 are active but only 10 companies are providing quality events to the genuine crowd who really care about the theme, decor, selection of the venue and are specific about the DJs lineup. My main plans are to provide quality events to the genuine crowd. The upcoming events of my company will be all strictly on profile basis as I will ne targetting the premium outlets and the crowd that I will ne expecting are also of corporate level. I started with basic clubbing then slowly upgraded my company and right now after 7-8 years in this field finally I feel secured about my company. (Laughs)

Name your favorite DJs from the country and name some new Djs who have got potentiality to grow in this field.

Well my favorite DJs are DJ BPM, DJ Rabbit, DJ Finzok, DJ Niral and DJ Prajwal. I really love their selection of the tracks their mixing styles and the way they pump up the crowd. When I am in an event where they are playing I really feel like getting on the dance floor and show some moves but damn I don’t know how to dance. (Laughs) Well talking about some DJs who have potentials are DJ Freako, DJ Sarthak and DJ Abishek as I have worked with these guys and they surely are the next big thing if they keep on with their hard work and passion for this field.

If you had to rank yourself among the Djs of Nepal. Which rank would you give to yourself?

(Laughs) that’s a tough question as it depends upon the DJs who I am competing with. But more than my position in a DJs list all I want to do is to build up my crowd by playing some good music and entertaining them.

If you get a chance to play in Tomorrow Land festival, what would be your first reaction?

I would run naked around the town (Laughs) Then after a bit controversy I would focus on the music that I will be playing there.

At last, what do you want to say to your supporters, party people and the rising Djs of the country?

To all my supporters thank you for bearing my music and events till now (Laughs) . I will be back with some great gigs pretty soon and it’s going to be something different for updates do like my fan page and to all the upcoming DJs and event management companies, keep the love and passion for music and events going on and keep coming up with something different that will create your identity in the market. Peace out.

Link to his official Fan Page: Click Here!

I wish a very good luck to Dj Pranez Tamu for his upcoming projects

-Black Art
Share on Google Plus

About Biplav

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment